Learn the value and process of circles — practical and effective tools for creating a positive classroom climate in schools (both secondary and primary), looked-after children settings (LAC) and other group working situations, which you will be able to use immediately.
This 1-day course normally runs from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., though this is negotiable subject to minimum inputs and contents.
Contact us for more information or to book a workshop/training.
- create a positive classroom/care community
- manage classroom/care setting behaviour
- engage students/LAC and their parents/carers in their own behavioural issues and academic/vocational progress
Circles teach students/LAC:
- that their classroom/care setting is a community
- how to build trust
- to support each other’s learning, growth and connectedness
- to hold each other accountable
- circle techniques and ideas
- what circles can accomplish
- how circles can be restorative
- using circles to stimulate learning, growth, connectedness and discussion
Agenda & Materials:
- participatory exercises to:
- practice using circles
- develop new circle applications and questions
- videos of restorative practices in use
- analysis of videos in the context of restorative philosophy
- discussion of key circle issues
- helpful materials to take home